Through a multi-energy model integrating pollutant emissions, energy efficiency, energy bills for citizens, Crystal City offers a fine and dynamic representation of the territories for the analysis of energy systems, energetic opportunities, and long-term environmental and economic impacts of territorial projects.
This complete energy model includes:
- Multi-energy (electricity, gas, heat, fuel…) system
- Multi-sector (urban planning, housing, transport, energy generation and network, public services…) characteristics
- Explicit modelling of public buildings consumption and statistic modelling of other consumption split by zone and type of consumer (houses and apartments by age of construction, offices and industries by category…);
- Consumption split by type of end-use (heating, cooling, transport, electrical appliances…);
- Detailed simulation of each asset (physical or financial): energy consumption, energy production, greenhouse gases emissions, costs and gains
- Advanced modelling capacity for energy generation and networks (smart grids, electrical vehicles, district heating…);
- Library of indicators to assess energy balance and actions progress
- Library of main existing energy technologies
- Library of potential energy projects including financial characteristics
- Web publishing services to export GIS views with SEAP impacts on the municipality web site;
Consumption, production, cash flows and pollutant emissions are simulated at hourly steps, integrating long term data evolution of the main energy parameters.
With this comprehensive modeling, Crystal City allows to consider structural changes in the local energy system (heating network , demand management , massive renewable energy penetration…) and the introduction of innovative solutions (smart grid, electric fleet,…).
Based on a multi-scenario analysis system including many indicators providing technical, environmental and financial results, it offers full evaluation of local energy strategies and an ergonomic visualization of this analysis.
A STEERING AND FOLLOW-UP TOOL PROVIDING:
- The standardization of data collection: Crystal City allows territories to gather and organize a large amount of data coming from many different sectors, and to follow its evolution in time
- The integration of projects studies results
- The coordination of all actions to reach environmental targets
A DECISION-SUPPORT TOOL ALLOWING TO:
- Assess economic and environmental impacts of urban planning
- Define a strategy to minimize polluting emissions at lower costs
- Handle with vulnerability to fossil fuel costs variations
- Identify new cost-efficient energy actions
Thanks to environmental, economics and technics evaluations, the tool Crystal City helps municipalities to define and improve their strategies.
A COLLABORATIVE TOOL:
Through its ergonomic and user-friendly interface, Crystal City helps municipalities to communicate, interact and receive feedbacks of citizens and potential stakeholders about energy issues.